RECIPE: Makes 10 Scones
Cranberry & Orange Scones
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Orange Extract
- 1/2 an Orange zested
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 5 tbsp Vegan Butter or Coconut Oil (solid)
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Frozen Cranberries
Maple Protein Powder Glaze
- 1 scoop Profi Vanilla Protein Powder
- 5-6 tbsp Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
2 Minutes Prep.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and drizzle over your freshly baked scones
Steps: 5 minutes to prep, 20 minutes to bake.
- Into a large mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Leave aside the cranberries and orange zest for later.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together the wet ingredients.
- “Cut” the coconut oil into the dry ingredients, you want this oil to be as solid as it can be so use it fresh from the fridge. You can cut the oil with a pastry cutter or a fork, you want the dry ingredients to resemble a sand texture when you’re done.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and knead together gently until it forms a shaggy dough.
- To this dough add the cranberries and orange zest, fold together until everything is evenly combined.
- Lightly dust your surface with flour and press your dough into a uniform circle about an inch tall.
- With a bench scraper or sharp knife, cut this dough into 10 equal sized scone shapes.
- Place these scones on a lightly oiled baking sheet, or one covered with parchment paper.
- If it can fit place this baking sheet into your freezer or fridge while you preheat your oven to keep the oil solid.
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Before putting your scones in the oven brush them with an almond milk wash and sprinkle with coconut sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow these scones to cool completely on a cooling rack before consuming.
- Drizzle over the protein powder glaze and enjoy!