RECIPE: Makes 30 Servings
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Ground Kelp/Seaweed
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Agar Agar
- 1/4 tsp Black Charcoal
Prep: 10 minutes
- In a sauce pan bring the liquid ingredients to a soft boil on low temperature on the stove top.
- Whisk in the dry ingredients and whisk continuously as the mixture simmers for two minutes.
- Transfer the hot mixture to a squeeze bottle (or a bowl if you don’t have a squeeze bottle, and use an eye dropper for the remaining steps).
- Fill one glass with oil and another with water.
- Drip one drop at a time of the caviar mixture into the oil.
- Once the oil is full of caviar balls straight the caviar out of the oil through a fine mesh sieve and then place them carefully into the cup of water.
- Strain the caviar again from the water through a fine mesh sieve and set on a plate.
- Repeat this process until you have your desired amount of caviar, this is a dish to be prepared right before you plan to share it with your guests.
- Serve as soon as possible with crackers, a vegan spread of your choice, and fresh dill.