RECIPE: Makes 12 Servings
Wild Berry Apple Crumble
- 3 Granny Smith Apples, peeled & sliced or diced
- 3 cups Mixed Berries
- 3 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch or Flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Flour (all purpose)
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- pinch of Sea Salt
- 6 tbsp room temperature vegan Butter or Coconut Oil
Prep: 5 minutes
Bake Time: 50 minutes at 350F
- Prep fruit and combine all the filling ingredients in a large bowl.
- Coat a cast-iron pan or similar baking dish with butter or oil.
- Evenly distribute fruit into the baking dish. It will be much higher than the edge of the dish but don’t worry, it’ll cook down while baking.
- Make your crumble by mixing together all the dry ingredients and then use your hands to crumble in the butter. You should be left with what look like oat chunks.
- Completely cover your fruit mixture with the crumble.
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Bake the crumble for 50 minutes on the middle rack, place a cookie sheet on the rack below the fruit crumble to catch any fruit juice drips.
- Check the crumble halfway through, depending on your oven the crumble may cook faster than the fruit filling. If this happens cover the crumble with tin foil and continue to bake.
- The crisp is finished when the crumble topping is golden brown and the berry juice is sizzling.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes and serve with your favourite plant based ice cream. Enjoy!