RECIPE: Makes 8 Servings
Lemon & Garlic Infused Tomato Skillet Pasta
- 1 Box of Spaghetti
- 4 cups Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 whole head of Garlic
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Fresh Basil
- optional toppings: vegan parmesan, tofu ricotta, basil pesto.
Prep: 3 minutes
Bake Time: 30-35 minutes at 400F
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Chop the top of the head of garlic off so the cloves are exposed, place it face down on a baking tray.
- Place the cherry tomatoes on the same baking tray and toss with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Bake the tomatoes and garlic for 30-35 minutes until the garlic is browned and soft and the tomatoes have burst.
- As the tomatoes and garlic are baking bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it heavily. Cook your pasta as instructed on the box.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven once everything is ready and set the garlic head aside.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat smash the tomatoes with a spoon or fork while adding the white wine slowly to the sauce.
- Squeeze the cloves from the cooled head of garlic and smash with a fork, add to the simmering sauce.
- Once your pasta has cooked thoroughly strain it through a sieve and toss with 2 tbsp of olive oil & the lemon juice, along with salt and pepper.
- Serve the pasta with a good amount of the smashed tomato sauce and top with vegan parmesan, tofu ricotta, basil pesto, fresh basil and more black pepper (or whatever other toppings you desire).
Per 1 serving-
Calories: 283 cal | Total Fat: 4g |Carbohydrates: 48g | Natural Sugar: 6g | Fibre: 4g | Sodium: 350mg | Protein: 9g