RECIPE: Makes 9 Brownies
Fudgey Vegan Brownies
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup Unrefined Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 cup Almond Butter, natural/smooth
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Flax Eggs (2 x 1 tbsp Ground Flax Seed mixed with 3 tbsp of cold water).
Prep: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 28-30 minutes at 350F
- Begin by sifting all of the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl, this will ensure that any clumps are removed.
- Mix together the flax egg and set aside to coagulate.
- Begin melting the chocolate in the microwave at 20 second intervals, removing from the microwave and stirring between sets (this will ensure the chocolate does not burn).
- Once the chocolate is fully melted add in the coconut oil and stir to combine.
- With a hand mixer or a whisk cream the coconut oil and chocolate mixture with the sugar.
- Combine the creamed sugar mixture with the rest of the ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Carefully fold together the wet and dry ingredients until a uniform batter is created.
- Spray a 9×9 square pan or line with baking parchment paper.
- Evenly disperse the batter throughout the pan.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 350F for 28-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool fully before slicing, serve & enjoy!
Vegan Protein Caramel Drizzle
- 3 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Hot Water
- 1 scoop Profi Caramel Coffee Protein Powder
Prep: 5 minutes
- Heat water and sugar in a pot over low-medium heat until a simple syrup results, whisk constantly.
- Once the water and sugar are fully combined whisk in the coconut oil until it dissolves.
- Allow this mixture to continue heating as you whisk constantly until the moment bubbles appear. Remove from heat immediately.
- Whisk in the protein powder until fully combined – this mixture will seem thin & syrupy but will thicken as it cools to a caramel consistency.
- If the caramel thickens too much, add 1 tsp of water and whisk in until the preferred texture is reached.
- Serve drizzled over these vegan brownies or whichever other treat you desire! Enjoy!
Per 1 Brownie-
Calories: 185 cal | Total Fat: 10g |Carbohydrates: 21g | Natural Sugar: 8g | Fibre: 2g | Sodium: 63mg | Protein: 3g