Crunchy on the outside, with a smooth soft centre. These peanut butter cookies are exactly what you’ve come to expect from this classic treat – except now they’re vegan!
They won’t look quite done when you take them out of the oven (they might even feel like they’re about to break apart!) but don’t worry! Let them cool down for 10 minutes before digging in and I promise they’ll firm up and have that perfect crunch that you’ve come to love.
If you recreate these, or any of my other recipes, don’t forget to snap a pic and tag me over on instagram at @logandunn so I can check out you creations!
RECIPE: Makes 24 Cookies
Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup Natural Peanut Butter, smooth
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Apple Sauce
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
Steps: 5 minutes to prep, 30 minutes to chill, 10 minutes to bake.
- In a stand mixer, or with a whisk, cream together the peanut butter, sugar, vanilla, and apple sauce.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredient thoroughly.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Chill the dough in your refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a 1tsp ice cream scoop, or spoon portion out 23 cookies.
- Roll the cookies with your hands, place on the baking sheets spread evenly apart (they will spread in the oven) and then press down with a fork.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes, they won’t look done but once you allow them to cool for 10 minutes on the tray they will firm up.
- After ten minutes remove from the tray and cool on a cooling rack.
- Store cookies at room temp in an airtight container.