With warm, caramelized brussel sprouts, fresh greens, tender sweet potato & crunchy smoked chickpeas – this bowl is finished perfectly with a creamy chipotle sauce to make for a smokey, hearty & filling protein rich meal.
Bounce back after the holidays and load up on those carbs, healthy fats, and a heft amount of plant-based protein to get back on track!
If you recreate this one don’t forget to snap a pic and tag me over on instagram @logandunn.
RECIPE: Makes 2 Bowls
Chipotle Cashew Cream
- ½ cup Cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 scoop Original Profi Protein Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- ¼ tsp Red Chili Flakes
- ¾ cup Almond Milk
- ¼ tsp Liquid Smoke
- ¼ tsp Vegan Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
Steps: 5 minutes to prep
- Add all ingredients for the sauce to a highspeed blender and blend on high until creamy & combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Refrigerate while you prepare the rest of your bowl & keep in the fridge for up to one week.
Chipotle Green Protein Bowl
- 1 cup Chickpeas, canned or previously cooked
- 1 cup Arugula
- ¼ Red Onion, diced
- ¼ cup Sprouts
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin seeds
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 cup Brussel Sprouts
- ¼ cup Black Beans
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- salt & pepper to taste
Steps: 5 minutes to prep, 1 hour to bake.
- Begin by preheating your oven to 375F.
- Toss chickpeas in olive oil, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Toss on a baking tray and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until crispy.
- Poke holes in the top of your sweet potato and drizzle with olive oil, place on a baking tray. On the same tray toss Brussel sprouts with olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Bake your sweet potato for 60 minutes or until tender, and your Brussel sprouts for 35-40 minutes or until charred slightly.
- Toss black beans with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.
- Assemble your bowl and top with your crispy chickpeas, and high protein chipotle cashew cream.