RECIPE: Makes 8 Servings
Curried Pumpkin & Sweet Potato Soup
- 2 cans Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Large Carrots, chopped
- 1 Sweet Potato, chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp Ginger, grated
- 3 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 2 cups Water
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tbsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- salt & pepper to taste
Steps: 10 minutes to prep, 40 minutes to cook.
- Begin by prepping all of your vegetable ingredients.
- In a large pot or sauce pan add 1 tbsp of olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Caramelize onions in your pot until fragrant.
- Add into the pot your garlic and ginger, again cooking until fragrant.
- With this add your spices to a separate part of of the pan to allow for some browning, cook for about 30 seconds and then sautee into your onions, garlic, and ginger.
- Add one cup of veg stock to deglaze the pan and stir to help unstick the spices from the bottom of your pan, then add the rest of the vegstock, the coconut milk, and the water.
- Once the mixture in your pan comes to a boil add in the carrots and sweet potato.
- Cover the pot and allow to simmer on low-medium heat until the carrots and sweet potato can be pierced through cleanly with a fork – about 10-15 minutes.
- Add in the pureed pumpkin, salt and pepper. Taste and add more spices as you desire.
- Remove your pot from the heat &, using an emulsion blender, blend everything until it forms a chunky-soup consistency.
- If you would like your soup smoother you may wait until it cools and blend it in portions in a blender or food processor.
- Allow to cool before serving with fresh Parsley, and Coconut Cream.
- Bon Appetite!
Per 1 bowl-
Calories: 111 cal | Total Fat: 5g |Carbohydrates: 14g | Natural Sugar: 6g | Fibre: 3g | Sodium: 320mg | Protein: 1g