What? Like it’s hard dough?
Good home-made pizza doesn’t have to be a daunting task! Throw together a few batches of my no-fail pizza dough and keep them stored in your freezer to quickly defrost anytime you have a craving for this classic stay-home friday night meal.
Smooth & creamy cashew white sauce is the perfect base for this greek inspired pizza, with a crunch thin crust, all the traditional toppings you’d see in any true Athenian salad, finally topped off with vegan tofu-feta and plant-based parmesan. Mmmmm!
If you recreate this one for your next pizza party don’t forget to snap a quick pic & tag me over on instagram @logandunn, I love to see all the cheesy goodness you’re baking up!
RECIPE: Makes 8 servings
Step 1: No Fail Pizza Dough
- 2 cups Bread Flour
- 1 cup Warm Water (100F-115F, luke warm to the touch)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1 tsp Sugar (honey, coconut sugar, maple syrup, anything sweet!)
- In either a stand mixer, or a large bowl combine together all the dry ingredients, if you’re using instant dry yeast add it to the dry but if you’re using any other type of yeast it will be added to your warm water in a separate bowl.
- If using non-instant yeast add it to the warm water with a tsp of sugar, and whisk this together. Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes or until the yeast is frothy & foamy & alive!
- Add the water/yeast mixture and the olive oil to your dry ingredients and, if using a stand mixer with a bread hook begin on low until the flour is well incorporated into a wet dough and then turn up to high for five-ten minutes or until the dough is well kneaded. If you’re not using a stand mixer, combine the dough well by hand and then knead the dough on a well floured surface for 10-15 minutes or until the gluten is well formed.
- Once your dough is well kneaded transfer it to a well oiled bowl and cover with a towel. Allow this dough to sit and rise in a warm spot for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Once your dough has risen punch it down (to deflate the air pockets) and cut in two. You can use these now to make a pizza or freeze for later!
Step 2: Vegan Feta
- 1/2 block Extra Firm Tofu, crumbled
- 1/2 block Culcherd Original Cheeze (or other soft nut-based vegan cheeze)
- 1 tsp White Miso
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/8 tsp Oregano
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- Begin by crumbling your tofu in feta-sized chunks into a bowl.
- Then combine the rest of the ingredients and store in the fridge for later!
Step 3: Creamy Cashew White Sauce
- 1 cup Cashews, soaked overnight (or boiled for 20 minutes)
- 1/2 cup Oat Milk (or other plant based milk, oat’s just my favourite at the moment)
- 1/4 block Extra Firm Tofu
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Blend! For real just blend everything on this list, scraping down the edges of your blender or food processor as needed, until it forms a smooth & creamy pizza sauce (also good on pasta).
- Easy! Next!
Homemade Greek Style Pizza with Creamy Cashew Cheese Sauce & Vegan Feta
- 1 Store Bought or Homemade Pizza Dough
- ~1/2 Cup Creamy Cashew White Sauce
- 1/4 cup Tofu Feta
- Handful of Spinach Leaves (let’s say 8 for measurements sake)
- A couple of Heirloom or Grape Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/8 Cucumber, thinly sliced into rounds
- As much Red Onion as you can handle, diced
- 2 Radishes, thinly sliced into rounds
- 8-10 Black Olives
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Pinch of Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
- top with your favourite Vegan Parm & fresh Curly Parsely (oh & more white sauce, but watered down a lil bit with like a tbsp of water to make it extra saucy)
Steps: 25 Minute Bake Time
- Lightly flour your work surface as rolling pin.
- Roll out your pizza dough to a pizza size, it doesn’t have to be a perfect circle! Let’s call it rustic.
- Transfer the dough to a parchment lined baking tray.
- Spread the creamy white cashew sauce over the pizza almosstttt to the edge but not quite!
- Top with your pre-prepped veggies, tofu feta, sea salt, and black pepper!
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Once your oven is preheated drizzle the balsamic vinegar over your pizza and place it in the oven on the middle wrack for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are crispy and your tomatoes get that “baked tomato wrinkly skin” look about em.
- Allow to cool before topping with MORE tofu feta, vegan parm, fresh parsely, and a drizzle of that white sauce from earlier.
- Share with friends, or dont! Enjoy!
Per 1 slice-
Calories: 115 cal | Total Fat: 4g |Carbohydrates: 14g | Natural Sugar: 1g | Fibre: 2g | Sodium: 203mg | Protein: 4g