RECIPE: Makes 6 servings
Swiss Chard & Mushroom Rosè Sauce
- 12 Cremini Mushrooms, chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Large White Onion, diced
- 4 Swiss Chard Leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 can Pureed Tomatoes
- 1/2 Block Culcherd Herb & Garlic Cheeze (or sub another Cashew based soft cheeze)
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Basil
- 1/8 tsp Thym
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt to Taste
- Pepper to Taste
- 1/8 tsp Red Chili Flakes
Pasta & Assembly
- 1 box of Chickpea Pasta, cooked and draind
- Lemon Juice, to deglaze the pan
- Vegan Parm to top
- Basil to top
10 minutes prep. 10 minutes to
- Begin by bringing heavily salted water to a boil & cook your pasta as per the box instructions.
- As the pasta is boiling prep your veggies, and add the olive oil to a pan on medium heat.
- Once your oil has heated begin by sauteeing your onions until they’re browned, followed by your mushrooms and garlic.
- Once the mushrooms have browned and are fragrant add to the pan the swiss chard and sautee only until the leaves have shrivelled.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- To a new pan on medium heat add the pureed tomatoes and culcherd cheeze, stir this until a rose sauce forms and the cheeze is fully melted.
- To the pan add the herbs and spices, taste and add more to fit your own desire.
- Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the sauce.
- Serve the pasta topped with your sauteed veggies, vegan parm, and fresh basil.
Per 1 serving-
Calories: 253 cal | Total Fat: 6g |Carbohydrates: 36g | Natural Sugar: 5g | Fibre: 8g | Sodium: 300mg | Protein: 11g