Just like Nutella but with a lot less sugar, and a lot more of what you’re actually looking for!
Start with Hazelnuts and Cacoa Powder and know that you’re getting the true benefits of both with this spread.
If you recreate this recipe don’t forget to tag me on instagram @logandunn so I can see what you’ve made!
RECIPE: Makes ~20 servings
- 2 cups Hazelnuts, raw
- 1/4 cup Cacao (or cocoa) Powder
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- optional: 1 tbsp Espresso Powder (or Dandelion Root Powder), 1/4 tsp Maca Powder, 1/4 tsp Ashwaganda
- IF you can’t get the nuts blending: add up to 1/4 cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk 1 tbsp at a time.
15 minutes prep.
- Add all of the ingredients to your blender or food processor.
- Blend for 8-15 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed, until a you come to a creamy consistency.
- If you can’t get the hazelnuts to blend add 1 tbsp of Almond Milk (up to 1/4 cup) at a time and blend until you achieve the proper consistency.
- This will take patience and time but the end goal is soooo worth it!
- Store in the fridge for up to two weeks, enjoy!