It’s that time of year, when the sun is shining, the beach is calling your name, and turning on the stove is hell on earth for everyone involved.
Avoid turning your home into a sauna and fire up the grill! These bbq tofu shish kebabs are best served with grill marks and evidence of char, yum!
Don’t forget to snap a pick of you sharing these kebabs with the vegans in your life and tag me on instagram at @logandunn so I can check it out!
RECIPE: Makes 8 Kebabs.
Vegan BBQ Shish Kebabs
- 1 block Extra Firm Tofu, chopped into 1 inch squares
- 1/2 Red onion, sliced into squares
- 1 Green Pepper, sliced
- 1 Yellow Pepper, sliced
- 10 Mushrooms, whole
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 1/8 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/8 tsp Oregano
- 1/8 tsp Basil
- 1/8 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
10 minutes prep, 15 minutes to grill.
- Begin by marinating your tofu in the BBQ Sauce and leaving aside to sit.
- Chop all your veggies so that they fit on the skewers and coat with the herbs, spices, and oils.
- Assemble the skewers as you wish with the ingredients.
- Fire up your grill and roast the skewers on each side for about 5-8 minutes or until charred, and then flip and repeat.
- Once cooked, allow to cool slightly and enjoy!