Honestly, sometimes I feel that recipes speak for themselves.
It’s summer! We’re all out bbq’in and vegans want in on the fun!
Marinate your carrots and bbq em up like any other wiener, and enjoy with toppings of your choice!
I’m really diggin a kimchi dog with green onion, sriracha, and cilantro, what else could you possibly want?
Don’t just take my word for it! Get out and make a batch for yourself! Don’t forget to snap a pic before devouring and tag me on instagram @logandunn so I can see what you piled on-top of these carrot dogs, I can’t wait to check em out!
RECIPE: Makes 8 Hotdogs.
- 8 Medium sized Carrots
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Chilli flakes
- pinch of Black Pepper
- pinch of Cumin
- pinch of Thyme
- pinch of Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 cup Water
5 minutes prep, overnight marinade, 10 mins to cook.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the marinade (everything but the carrots) in a reusable container large enough to fit all your carrots (4-8).
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and boil your carrots for 5-6 minutes or until they’re tender but not fully cooked through.
- Move the carrots to a bowl of iced water to stop them from cooking.
- Place carrots in marinade so each carrot is equally coated and allow to sit covered in the fridge overnight.
- When you’re ready to eat barbecue or dry-fry the marinated carrots for 8-10 minutes, flipping them to a different side every 2 minutes, until they’re browned on the outside and soft enough for a fork to push through.
- Serve on a bun, on a lettuce wrap, or on quinoa with your favourite toppings!