Summer’s almost here and with it comes patio drinks, beach days, and chilly treats.
These Sangria, wine-based, popsicles are perfect for kicking back after a long day of yard work or work work and relaxing under the sun.
Pop a batch in the freezer, lay back, relax, and enjoy whenever you’re craving a boozy-chilled snack. If you recreate this recipe don’t forget to snap a pic and tag me on instagram @logandunn so I can check out your creation!
RECIPE: Makes 12 Popsicles.
Berry & Lime Boozy Sangria Pops
- 1 cup Sweet Red Wine
- 1 cup Unsweetened Apple Juice
- 1/4 cup Pulp-Free, Unsweetened Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp Liquid Honey / or Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Mint Leaves (chopped or whole)
- 3 Limes, sliced
- 1/4 cup Strawberries, cut in half
5 minutes prep, 40 minutes to freeze, 45 additional minutes to freeze, overnight freezing.
- Pour the orange juice evenly into the bottom of the popsicle molds (you just want to fill the tip of each about 1 inch), set this in the freezer to set for 35-40 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together the red wine, apple juice, 1 tbsp lime juice, and the liquid honey.
- Add this mixture evenly to each popsicle mold.
- Insert chopped strawberries, sliced limes, fresh mint, or any other sangria treat you decide! Berries of all kinds will work here, fresh peaches, blood oranges, pineapple, whatever your heart desires.
- Place the popsicles into the freezer again fro 40 minutes to solidify slightly then remove and place in the sticks before freezing overnight. Freezing slightly before inserting the sticks will ensure your popsicle sticks stay submerged in the popsicle and do not float while setting.
- Run hot water over the molds to remove your treats, enjoy!