I’ll be the first to admit that I spend a dumb amount of my month budget on pricey coffee from shops that could probably charge less (but that’re so cute inside that I just can’t resist).
This summer I’m determined to save some coin, make my coffee at home, and bring it with me when I meet up with pals. The first step? Brewing the perfect jar of cold brew to keep in the fridge for my daily fix.
This recipe is simple to follow, and customizable to your own preference. If you remake it don’t forget to tag me on instagram @logandunn and let me know what you’re favourite type of coffee is!
RECIPE: Makes 4 servings.
Cold Brew Coffee
- 240g Course Ground Coffee (or 1 cup)
- 4 cups of Purified Water
- optional: coffee sock & a mason jar, or a french press.
5 minutes prep, 12-24 hours to steep.
- First grind your coffee in a course grind.
- Add the coffee to either a coffee sock and then place the coffee sock in a mason jar, or add the grinds to a french press.
- To this first bloom the grinds with a bit of your purified water, allow the grinds to expand and then the water to drain from them, before slowly adding the rest of the water in small batches.
- Once you have your water added put the lid on either your french press or your mason jar and place this in the fridge for 12-24 hours depending on how strong you want the brew to be.
- Enjoy with almond milk and ice in the park.