Almond milk’s best bud, the double chocolate cookie in all it’s gooey chocolatey glory.
Pull em apart and dip away for the perfect rainy day treat.
These cookies are almost as fun to make as they are to eat, if you give em a try don’t forget to tag me on instagram @logandunn so I can see your creations!
RECIPE: Makes ~16 cookies.
Double Chocolate Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Espresso Grounds (optional)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Coconut Oil, room temp
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp Ground Flax, mixed with 6 tbsp Water (Flax Egg)
- 90g (1 Bar) Dark Chocolate, chopped
10 minutes Prep, 12 minutes to Bake.
- With a stand mixer, or a hand mixer, beat the coconut sugar and the coconut oil together for about 5 minutes or until fully incorporated together.
- Add to this sugar and oil mixture, your flax egg and vanilla, beat together.
- In a separate bowl sift your dry ingredients together and stir to combine.
- Combine your wet ingredients with your dry ingredients and beat with a hand mixer just under the dough comes together.
- Carefully fold in your chopped chocolate.
- Set the dough to chill in the fridge while your oven preheats to 350F.
- Use 2 tbsp portions and roll the dough into individual cookies, leave room for spread between cookies on your baking tray.
- Bake for 12 minutes and then allow to cool fully before eating.