Jams and jellys that you find in the grocery store tend to have a heaping ton of added sugar in order to preserve it long enough to get from the shelf to your tummy, but honestly I just don’t need that kind of negativity in my life.
This jam uses the natural sweetness of the berries along with the gelatinizing ability of the chia seeds to produce a delicious fruit spread that’s perfect for adding to your toast, energy bites, or protein shakes. Each batch will last you a week in the refrigerator, so really who needs the added sugar?
RECIPE: Makes 12 servings/tbsp.
- 2 cups Frozen Berries of your choice (thawed fully)
- 1/2 cup of Chia Seeds
3 minutes Prep, Chill for an hour.
- Thaw your frozen berries in the microwave or on the stove, and transfer to a blender.
- Blend the thawed berries and their juices until the berries are broken down, you do not want to blend it long enough that they become a juice.
- Stir the chia seeds into your blended berries and move the mixture to a glass jar.
- Store in the fridge to set for an hour, this jam will last you for a full week if kept covered in the refrigerator.