Cozied up with your favourite book by the fire, sipping a warm bevy, all is right & you’ve completely forgotten about mid-term season.
This golden milk latte not only combines many a superfood but is warming, spicy, and slightly sweet for that perfect winter drink that you’ve been craving.
Bringing together the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric and digestion soothing ginger (along with black pepper for absorption, cayenne to kick your metabolism into overdrive, and cinnamon to bring out the natural sweetness of the almond milk), this cozy latte is not only a flavour bomb, but healthy as heck as well.
Just simmer for a few minutes, add your favourite warming spices, maybe a lil shot of espresso, or additional liquid sweetener and this latte is ready to help you combat winter chills from the inside out.
If you remake this recipe make sure to snap a quick pic before throwing it back, and tag us on instagram at @lavenderandlavish so we can check out how you did! We love to see you taking our recipes and making them your own.
RECIPE: Makes 1 Latte.
Golden Milk Latte
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Freshly Grated Ginger
- dash of Black Pepper
- 2 Cardamon Pods, crushed
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- optional: 1 shot of Espresso, 1 tsp Liquid Sweetener of your choice.
4 minutes to simmer.
- Add all of your ingredients to a pot and set on the stove top at high heat until the almond milk comes to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to medium and allow the mixture to simmer – covered – for four minutes.
- Add your sweetener and espresso shot if you desire, and stir in to combine.
- Pour your latte from the pot to a glass through a strainer and enjoy hot!