Baked sweet potatoes + guacamole… need I say more?
We took two of our favourite quick & healthy meals & slammed em together to make this simple dinner or lunch that’s got all the carb, protein, and fats your heart could ever desire.
Not much to say about this one, bake your potatoes, mash your avocados, smash em together and you’ve got a killer dinner for at least a few nights. If you make these bad boys make sure to snap a pic before devouring and tag us on instagram at @lavenderandlavish. Enjoy!
RECIPE: Makes 6 Servings.
Guac & Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 3 large Sweet Potatoes
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 3 ripe Avocados, mashed
- 1/4 Red Onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- Fresh Cilantro to taste
- 1 Jalapeno
- optional, to top: 1 cup Black Beans, Cilantro, Lime Juice, Tahini, Sriracha.
10 minute prep time, 45 minutes to bake.
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking tray and bake for 45 minutes.
- While your potatoes are roasting you can boil 1 cup of pre-soaked black beans (or use them from a can) until they’re cooked through.
- Mash your avocados and add the chopped red onion, lime juice, minced garlic cloves, jalapeno, and chopped cilantro, combine to finish your guac.
- Once your potatoes are ready carefully remove them from the oven and cut each down the middle so that there is room for your fillings.
- Top the potatoes with sea salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, and garlic powder.
- Add 1/3 cup of black beans to each sweet potato and top with your guac mixture.
- Finish with more lime juice, cilantro, some tahini and sriracha.