Wanna know a secret? I don’t like soft cookies… I know.
Never have, probably never will. I’m more of a thin & crispy than a puffy and soft kinda guy (thin mints were my crack).
So for these snickerdoodles we’ve strayed a bit from the traditional soft and sweet cookie to create a thinner, cookie that’s still a weee bit soft on the inside but that has a bit of crunch when you take your initial first bite. Sounds perfect to me!
If that crunchy cookie life just aint for you simply add a wee bit more sugar, and a bit more baking powder and you’ll have that classic snickerdoodle you’re looking for!
Other than the texture though these cookies bring everything we remember a snickerdoodle having in our childhood. Cinnamon-y, sweet, and simple, a classic if we ever saw one.
Like any good cookie these bad boys can be thrown together in a hot minute, simply by:
How sweet was that?
If you recreate our recipe don’t forget to tag us on instagram and show us how you did! Do you like your cookies with a bit of a crunch or soft & fluffy? Let us know in the comments!
RECIPE: Makes 12 Cookies.
Vegan Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, soft
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 Flax Egg (1 tbsp ground flax seed, 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
10 minute prep time, 10 hours to bake.
- Set aside your flax egg to gelatinize.
- Cream together the coconut sugar and the coconut oil.
- Whisk your dry ingredients in one bowl and your wet ingredients in another.
- Mix your wet and your dry, your flax egg, as well as the creamed sugar and oil mixture, together in a bowl.
- Portion in tbsp sized balls.
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Roll each cookie ball in coconut sugar and cinnamon, then place on a lined baking tray and smoosh with a spoon just to help them spread.
- Bake at 375F for 10 minutes then let cook on a cookie wrack for 15 minutes before consuming.
Per 1 Serving –
Calories: 93 cal | Total Fat: 5g | Carbohydrates: 12g | Sugar: 7g | Fibre: 0g | Sodium: 41mg | Protein: 1g