Chocolate and orange are THE flavours of winter, Christmas is passed and it’s time to indulge in a healthier treat… get that New Year’s resolution workin for you.
But just because something’s healthy for you doesn’t mean you should have to skip out on flavour.
These raw chocolate-orange snow balls are beyond easy to thrown together, simply blend all of the ingredients, roll into balls, and you’re done!
Loaded with healthy fats to keep your skin protected against the harsh winter cold, and protein to aid in recovering after your new-year-new-me workout sessions, these decadent little truffles have it all.
Roll em in the coating of your choice, we enjoy coating them with melted coconut butter and then finely grating pure dark chocolate overtop before it has time to harden, yum!
If you recreate these morsels make sure to tag us in a photo on instagram @lavenderandlavish so we can check out how you did!
RECIPE: Makes 20 Snowballs.
Raw Chocolate Orange Snowballs
- 2/3 cups Oats, ground
- 2/3 cups Cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/3 cup Dates
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Orange Extract
- 2 tbsp Cacao Powder
- Zest of 1/2 an Orange
- Juice of 1/2 an Orange
- 1/4 cup Shredded Coconut
10 minute prep time, 3 hours to chill.
- Blitz in a high speed blender your oats until they’re a fine powder
- Add to the blender your cashews, vanilla, salt, cacao powder, coconut, and orange extract, blend to combine.
- Add your dates to the blender and blend until a “dough” ball forms.
- Remove your dough ball from the blender and knead in the remaining ingredients.
- Chill in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Using a tbsp measure portion the dough into 20 pieces and roll these into balls.
- Coat with coconut butter, coconut shreds, orange zest, or cacoa powder and keep in the fridge or the freezer.