On the 3rd day of Christmas my true love gave to me: all the roasted root vegetables!
Quick and easy, low effort, and full of the flavours that every holiday season is made of.
Bold flavours, bright colours, a soft and caramelized outer layer, with a slight crunch inside, these root vegetables make the perfect low-effort addition to your table this holiday season.
Be careful not to mix your beets with the rest of your root veggies, unless you want everything stained a bright red.
But while baking if some of the beet juice bleeds out it adds a slight bit of extra flavour and colour to the surrounding veggies, something I’ve never been one to complain about.
Holiday sides really shouldn’t take up all your time, that’s what the main is for! Pop these bad boys in the oven and forget about them, talk about easy.
As always, if you recreate our recipe make sure to snap a quick pic and tag us on instagram at @lavenderandlavish so we can check out what you made!
See you tomorrow with day 4 of our holiday menu, the main course!
RECIPE: Makes 6 Servings.
Rustic Roasted Root Vegetables
- 8 Multi-Coloured Carrots, washed and halved
- 4 Beets, washed and halved
- 6 Parsnips, washed and halved
- 1 Sweet Potato, cubed
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 sprigs of fresh Thyme
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- Juice of 1/2 an Orange
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
10 minute prep time, 45 minutes to bake.
- Wash and chop all your veggies.
- Add them to a bowl and coat with olive oil, orange juice, and balsamic vinegar.
- Add your fresh herbs and spices and toss to coat evenly.
- *PRO TIP – Coat the beats on their own to avoid making all your veggies red.
- Preheat your own to 400F and bake your veggies for 45 minutes or until a fork can pierce easily through all of the various roots.