Our second recipe in our holiday dinner series is a certified classic, and in my opinion a condiment that no table should be set without!
Sweet meets tart meets date sweetened cranberry goodness! Perfect for topping literally any dish you can think of, the tangy sweet taste of the cranberries pairs perfectly with the classic sage and rosemary undertones of classic dinner dishes for a truly joyful holiday season.
Most recipes for a classic Christmas cranberry sauce call for over a cup of sugar for only a few servings…. no thanks.
Our cranberry sauce is sweetened solely with dates that are higher in nutrients and fibre to keep you full and to lower the insulin spiking effects of the natural sugars that they contain. Sweet right?
This year skip the over processed canned versions and make your own in five minutes while the rest of your meal bakes!
Perfect for topping mashed potatoes, roasted root vegetables, baked seitan roast, holiday stuffing, really anything that’s on your plate will taste 10x better covered in this cranberry sauce.
Don’t forget to take a quick picture of your final creation if you choose to remake our recipe, we love to see what you guys come up with! Tag us on instagram at @lavenderandlavish for a shout out.
Happy Holidays! See you tomorrow with the next recipe in our Christmas series.
RECIPE: Makes 10 Servings.
Date Sweetened Cranberry Sauce
- 3 cups Fresh Cranberries
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Date Paste (1 cup of Dates blended with 1/4 cup Almond milk)
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp Dried Thyme
5 minute prep time.
- Bring about 4 cups of water to a boil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add the fresh cranberries and leave to simmer for 5 minutes or until you hear the cranberries burst.
- Once the cranberries have burst strain them and add to a blender with the rest of the ingredients.
- Pulse a few times until you reach your desired consistency.
- Store in a jar and allow to thicken in the fridge.