It’s the holidays, everyone’s shoving bread up a dead bird’s backside, I have no idea what’s going through their heads but HEY who am I to judge.
If you choose to not submit yourself or your loved ones to butt-bread then we’ve got just the recipe for you, my intellectual friend.
Seasoned with Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme – aka the true Holy Trinity of Christmas (don’t @me) – this stuffing will literally take centre stage over any meal you have planned.
If I’m being honest I’d actually be perfectly content eating just a full plate of stuffing… no shame.
Herbs aside, we’ve loaded our holiday stuffing with sweet dried cranberries, the classic carrot & celery smash combo, roasted pecans, papitas, and a full cup of green lentils for those holiday gains you know? This baked classic is anything but boring.
I just love carbs my guy, that’s all there is to it.
Okay making this stuffing is easy as heck, don’t let the holiday’s stress you out anymore than they gotta.
Grab your favourite loaf of bread (the staler the better) and simply:
See, impressing your distant relatives doesn’t have to be that hard.
Ok! Let us know if you have our stuffing atop your dinner table this Holiday season, snap a pic and post it up on the ol ‘gram, and don’t forget to tag us @lavenderandlavish.
Stay tuned for the rest of our Holiday Dinner series everyday leading up until Christmas morning!
RECIPE: Makes 12 Servings.
Vegan Holiday Stuffing
- 1 stale-ish loaf of your favourite Bread (we love Blackbird’s Sourdough loaves)
- 3 large Celery stalks, chopped
- 2 large Carrots, chopped
- 6 cremini Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 yellow Onion, diced
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp dried Basil
- 1 tbsp dried Thyme or 2 sprigs of fresh Thyme
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 tsp dried Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried Sage, or a few fresh Sage leaves
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup chopped Parsely
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked Green Lentils
- OPTIONAL: 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds, 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries, 1/4 cup Pecans.
20 minute prep time, 40 minutes bake.
- Cut your loaf of bread into 1×1 cubes, you don’t want the bread super fresh so if you do this the night before and let it sit in the fridge it’ll get nice and stale and ready for stuffing.
- Saute your onion and mushrooms in 1 tbsp of olive oil letting them sweat out their juices.
- Next add your chopped celery, carrots, and minced garlic to the pan and saute until they’re bright and slightly soft.
- Drizzle the rest of the olive oil over your bread and then add all your spices, herbs, sauteed veggies and chosen add ins.
- Add 1 cup of vegetable broth and toss everything together to get it all nice and coated.
- Place this bread/goodness mixture into a deep casserole dish, pan, or cast iron oven safe container.
- Preheat your oven to 350F and bake for 40 minutes or until the bread is crispy on the outside but still soft in the middle layers.