Chocolate chip cookies, a classic favourite that brings nearly everyone back to warm winter days spent by the fire, a traditional treat that really didn’t need any tweaking… but we changed em up anyways just for you.
We decided to amp up this classic treat with the addition of dried cranberries for some extra holiday season flare! Not to mention they’re vegan so hey, what could be better?
Along with holidays come finals, and like any other university students we’re feelin a little stressed out. We figured this was reason enough to make this week’s recipe even more of a treat by bringing in some extra sweetness! The addition of coconut sugar helps to make these cookies extra special and even more similar to their classic non-vegan counter parts (watch for a date sweetened version in the near future if this type of sugar isn’t for you).
With simple steps, and ingredients you probably already have, whipping up a batch of these bad boys is as easy as:
Who said this time of year has to be stressful?
I mean really name one thing better than the aroma of freshly baked cookies on a cool afternoon.
Got nothin? We didn’t think so.
SO, what’re you waiting for? Invite some friends over for a milk & cookie party that’ll leave em blown away with your epic kitchen skills.
These cookies are sure to be an instant holiday classic!
As always if you remake our recipe or add little holiday editions of your own make sure to take a quick photo and tag us on instagram at @lavenderandlavish so we can relish in all your baking glory!
RECIPE: Makes 12 Cookies.
Cranberry + Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, soft but not liquified.
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar.
- 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour.
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Baking Soda.
- 2 Flax Eggs (2 tbsp Ground Flax Seed to 6 tbsp Water).
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon.
- 1 tsp Nutmeg.
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt.
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract.
- 1/2 cup Vegan Dark Chocolate Chips.
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries.
5 minute prep, 15 minute bake time.
- Cream together the softened coconut oil and coconut sugar with a whisky until fully incorporated.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, flax eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, sea salt, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Combine all the ingredients together until a smooth dough forms.
- If your dough is a bit dry you can add almond milk in 1 tbsp at a time until it reaches that classic chocolate chip cookie texture, smooth and moldable but not wet or tacky.
- Carefully fold in the dark chocolate chips and dried cranberries, avoiding working the dough too much.
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Spray a baking tray with oil, and split dough into 12 equal cookies (we used a table spoon measure for each of ours), and roll into balls.
- Line your cookies on the tray spaced evenly apart and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on a wrack before serving.