Cream based sauces are what I’m here for, and honestly they make surviving this chilly weather all the more bearable.
Drench your favourite pasta in this smooth and rich pumpkin sauce, or warm it up in a bowl to dip your grilled cheese in. Feelin like havin soup instead? No problem, this recipe doubles down as a soup as well.
What can’t it do?
No need for thickeners or starches as the pumpkin will give a thickness all on it’s own to provide the perfect consistency, and really only needs to be warmed up before serving.
Ever tried lentil pasta? We found a case of this gluten free super spaghetti at Whole Foods and have been obsessed ever since.
Loaded with protein, we think this pasta goes perfectly with our pumpkin and coconut cream sauce!
This recipe is perfect for nights that have you rushed as you simply:
How easy was that? Come on, anyone can do it.
Don’t forget to take a quick pic and tag us on instagram at @lavenderandlavish to show us how you decided to use this versatile pumpkin cream sauce! We love to see the creative ways that you make our recipes your own!
Recipe: Makes 6 Servings
Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce:
- 1 can / 500mL Pumpkin Puree
- 1 can / 250mL Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Cooked Pasta
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Cloves
- 1/8 tsp All Spice
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
20 minutes prep.
Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
- Boil enough pasta to serve whoever you’re feedin this delicious meal to.
- For the sauce, add a tsp of olive oil to a pot on medium heat.
- Add minced garlic cloves and nutritional yeast, fry until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup and spices to the pot.
- Bring this to a boil and simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Mix a generous amount of the sauce in with your pre-cooked pasta, and enjoy!
- This recipe makes a large amount of sauce, it will keep in the fridge for up to a week.