Having allergies should never mean that you can’t enjoy a classic treat!
For those of you suffering from celiac’s disease, we know the struggle’s tough & finding the perfect flour blend for your baked goods can be a pain. For this recipe we set about finding a way to produce a loaf of dense, golden, crispy on the outside & gooey on the inside banana loaf goodness with only ONE gluten-free flour.
That’s right, this banana bread is sure to impress & only uses ingredients you probably already have at home!
We made this gluten-free miracle loaf using oats, and only oats. One part ground oats to one part unground, simple as that.
With every other recipe we could find using complicated blends of expensive specialty flours, we figured this easy one ingredient swap would be a welcomed surprise to those who can’t always make their old school favourite desserts.
We don’t want any excuses as to why you couldn’t find time to whip up a loaf for a cozy sunday afternoon.
If you have a nut allergy feel free to sub out the almond milk for soy milk, the almond butter for tahini or sunflower seed butter, & forget about the pecans completely! It’ll be yummy all the same.
Let us know how this one turns out for you by tagging us on instagram at @lavenderandlavish, we can’t wait to see your photos!
RECIPE: Makes 1 Loaf, 12 servings.
Gluten Free – Vegan Banana Bread
- 3 extra ripe Bananas
- 2 cups Gluten Free Oats (1 cup ground, 1 cup as purchased)
- 1/4 cup Almond Butter
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp All Spice
- 1/4 tsp Cloves
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Vegan Dark Chocolate Chips
- 3 1/2 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Flax Eggs (2 tbsp Ground Flax Seed to 6 tbsp Water)
- 2 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1/4 cup Pecans, halved and chopped.
10 minutes prep, 50 minutes to bake.
- Blend 1 cup of oats into a rough flour consistency.
- Add two tbsp of Ground Flax Seed to 6 tbsp water and allow to sit and become a flax “egg” while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Mash the bananas together and mix with the wet ingredients in a separate bowl
- Add in the flax egg, chocolate chips, and chopped pecans.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a loaf pan with coconut oil, or line with parchment paper and smooth the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown, allow to cool fully before removing from the pan.
- This loaf should produce up to 12 slices of gluten free banana bread, depending on how you slice it.
Per 1 Slice (out of 12 total) –
Calories: 187 cal | Total Fat: 9g | Sat Fat: 0.5g | Unsat Fat: 2g | Carbohydrates: 22g | Natural Sugar: 6g | Fibre: 4g | Sodium: 41mg | Protein: 5.6g