Creamy, Classic, Cool.
Why drop $8 at a restaurant when you could make it at home? Loaded with healthy fats & high in protein, this caesar salad boats a creamy tofu based dressing & roasted chickpea “croutons”, what else could you ask for?
This isn’t your average Caesar Salad, this is the BEST Caesar Salad. There, I said it.
Using silken tofu instead of the traditional soaked cashews as the base for our dressing we cut down significantly on the amount of fat this recipe contains, without affecting any of the taste!
Plus additional protein never hurt anybody, right? I mean vegans don’t eat protein… or so I’ve heard. Anyway.
We’ve replaced anchovies in this recipe with capers, equally as salty, 600x less fishy, they seemed like the perfect addition to our smooth & creamy dressing.
This recipe is as easy as:
With kale & dandelion leaves instead of the traditional lettuce, this version boasts more vitamins and leafy greens than you’ll know what to do with. No more excuses to not get those greens in! (We’ve even hidden some in the dressing, shhhh no one needs to know).
What are you waiting for? Restaurant style caesar salad has never been easier to make! Get your blender fired up & heat that oven, but don’t forget to snap a pic before digging in! We love to see your photos, tag us on instagram at @lavenderandlavish for a shout out and to show us your take on our recipes.
RECIPE: Makes 4 Salads.
Caesar Salad Dressing
- 150g Silken Tofu
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1-2 tbsp Fresh Parsely
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp cracked Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Vegan Parmesan (we like Go Veggie!)
- 3 tsp Capers
- 1/4 cup Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 can, or 1 cup of Chickpeas
- Smoked Paprika
- Garlic Powder
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Kale (bout 5 handfuls, do you)
- Dandelion Leaves, a handful
- 1/4 Red Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Slivered Almonds
- Slice of Lemon.
- Vegan Parmesan to top.
10 minutes prep, 40 minutes roasting.
- Dressing: Add everything to a high speed blender and mix away! Add more spices if you desire, or leave it as we’ve made it! Easy as that. Set in the fridge while you make the rest of the salad.
- Roasted Chickpeas: Drain and rinse a cup of chickpeas and coat evenly in spices, you know what tastes good to you here, start small and add more if you need to!
- Preheat your oven to 400F
- Spray a baking sheet or cover with parchment paper
- Spread the chickpeas evenly on the sheet and bake for 40 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- Caesar Salad:
- Chop up your onions, massage that kale, and sliver those almonds (carefully!).
- Combine all the ingredients and add those roasted chickpeas from earlier along with a tbsp or two of the caesar salad dressing.
- Top with even more vegan parm & some fresh lemon juice to take your salad to the next level.